A Missed Smile - Alie Photography

Thursday 8 February 2018

A Missed Smile

A Missed Smile

Posted By:

Maria Makki (Instagram)

How & Where It Was Captured:

Captured at Nathiagali, Pakistan with my Canon 700D. Nathiagali is a mountain resort town or hill station in Abbottabad District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. I edited it in Lightroom and following settings to capture this photo.
Settings:
Ø  Shutter Speed: 1/20 sec
Ø  f/1.8
Ø  4 mm
Ø  ISO:  250

Story:

                I took this picture last summer on a trip with my family up the north. We didn't have any reservations so we were having difficulty finding a hotel as they were all booked. So while we were in the car, I was complaining to my mother about how hot it was in Nathiagali and she just pointed at this boy walking on the road and selling these headpieces and said, "Look at him, he is working in the sun and you are sitting in A/C car and still complaining, you kids are so ungrateful".  Before I could say anything, my mother rolled down the car window and called this boy. As he approached us, she bought the headpieces from him and his sun burnt freckled face lit up with a smile. Unfortunately, I was unable to capture the moment. I will forever regret that. But this picture is a reminder of that moment for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We Will Like To Listen Your Review.

Submit Your Images

The Story Of Images is all about inspiring images. We want to share and showcase your very best images—the ones that you’re most excited to share and the ones that tell us who you are as a photographer. Submit your images to be featured on the Story Of Images